Thursday, January 4, 2018

Another New Year without you



You have been gone just a little over two years now, but this is the third New Year we have started without you.  It just reminds me that a lot of time has passed since we last saw you, but a year closer to the time when we will see you again. I try to imagine your surprise to see all your favorite shows have or are making a comeback or the new books that have come out that you would love.  I am constantly reminded of your absence and the ache is still there, not subsiding.

You would be thrilled to hear Ethan talking now and you were right, he is so smart. I just remember you saying you couldn't wait to hear him really start talking and now he never stops! LOL! I always tell his Momma Danielle how excited you would be to hear him.  And our little Gia just turned 6 and it always makes me tear up to think of her not getting to have you as her momma as she is growing up.  You were so excited to have a little girl and I will always make sure she knows you and how much you loved her.


We have decided to use our grief for good and in honor of your heaven date, we sent a dozen Jesus Calling books to the rehab you stayed at.  They were thrilled to get the books and some of the ladies there kept some as they had worked with you and remembered you and spoke very kindly of you. We will do the fun run again this year and plan more acts of kindness in your name.



Life without you is not the same and it never will be.  We now have one less family at our holidays and family gatherings and that will always cause my heart to hurt.  We are so thankful for our faith and church family and friends that always encourage us, but I sure do miss you with every fiber in my being. We all feel you with us at times and look for signs and I hope that continues as that brings us so much comfort.  My mind knows you are in Heaven, but my heart still wants you here with me, with us.  I will long to see you until the day that I actually get to.  LOVE YOU K GIRL! Happy New Year in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment