Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Loving can Hurt Sometimes



Preparing for Kendra's Celebration of Life, Danielle and Stephani put together the video we used for the service.  They carefully selected photos and then looked for just the right songs to go with them.  It was a beautiful video and I have only been able to watch it once since then.  But one of the songs was "Photograph" by Ed Sheeran.  I had never really listened to all of the words, but it was a perfect song.

It starts out "Loving can hurt, loving can hurt sometimes. But it's the only thing that I know".  The love we have for her, as a mother, a father, a sister, a child, family member, etc. is hard when we lose them, but it is the only thing we know, to love with all our heart and soul.


"Loving can heal, loving can mend your soul and it's the only thing that I know. I swear it will get easier, Remember that with every piece of you, Hm, and it's the only thing we take with us when we die".  That is so true, when we die we take nothing with us, but the love that is in our hearts and that's what we leave with others.  Love does hurt but we have to take that risk and loving a child can hurt but it's the most rewarding, truest feeling that there is.  We love unconditionally and even though it's so painful to lose one, it's worth every moment, every tear and every heartache.  I would do it all over again, even if I knew how it was going to end.  Because it only ends here on earth, her life just started the day she left us.  She went on to her forever home, her home with her Savior who loves her even deeper and more fervently than we do. 


This chorus strikes me right in the heart every time I hear it play on the radio.  "So you can keep me inside the pocket of your ripped jeans, Holding me close till our eyes meet. You won't ever have to be alone, wait for me to come home". We are not alone, I know that God knows the hurt in my heart and that he is taking good care of her.  As long as we live and love her and remember her, she will always be with us, we will make sure of that. We carry her every day with us, as we go about living, she is never far from our thoughts.  I love that thought, she is waiting for us in Heaven, waiting for us to come home.  So I'm waiting for that day, to see her again, as she is waiting for me to come home.


No comments:

Post a Comment