Friday, March 3, 2017

Please Remember

Kendra singing "Please Remember" by Leann Rimes at Graduation
I came across Kendra' graduation pictures and I started thinking about the song she sang that night......Please Remember..........so I looked up the words and they made me cry. They were actually prophetic words that have come back to haunt me.   Also I know there are at least two others from this class besides Kendra that are no longer with us.  We were so proud of her that night watching her do what she loved best, singing.  She was so excited because her class actually picked her to do it.

National Honor Society
 These are some of the now haunting words from that song //////////                                                

Time, sometimes the time slips away and you're left with yesterday
Left with the memories
I'll always think of you and smile
And be happy for the time I had you with me
Though we go our separate ways
I won't forget so don't forget
The memories we made

Good-bye, there's no sadder word to say
And it's sad to walk away
With just the memories
Who's to know what might have been
We leave behind a life and time
We'll never know again

Please remember
Please remember

I know that night she was singing about leaving her friends behind graduating from high school and then going their separate ways, some to college, some off to the military and others getting jobs.  I was always so sad when the girls left high school and on to college because it changed our family dynamics.  I just always wanted them home with me.  Little did I know that the sadness of leaving home then marrying was only a tiny fraction of  pain compared to actually losing one of them.

This year has actually been a bit tougher than the first year.  The first year I was in a fog, nothing seemed real.  Now I know it's real, she's gone and as long as I live, she will not be here with me.  Yes my faith is strong and I know I will see her again but boy some days it just still hurts so bad.  Sometimes I just want to see her face, hear her voice, feel her arms around me.  Until we are together again, I will remember.   I will always remember!  Missing you today 💔💔💔💔💔

Kendra and her best friend Nicole
                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment