Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Thankful

Thanksgiving 2011
As Thanksgiving is approaching and it's eleven months that Kendra has been in heaven, I realize that I still have so much to be thankful for. I am so thankful for my family, my church family and my friends.  The ones who continually lift me up, call, text, send loving notes and reminders that they are thinking of me.  This has been the hardest eleven months of my life and I have never cried so much or thought so much on how precious my family is.  My two daughters, it still seems so strange that I do not have my three daughters here with me anymore, but my daughters are my lifeline.  We can call each other anytime or send a text and the others know immediately that one of us is having a hard time.  We then try and help each other through.  Of course, sometimes it has been all three of us together, crying and having a bad day.  But I thank God for them and my husband everyday. 

I am so thankful that God allowed us to have Kendra for 28 years.  And that she had two wonderful, beautiful children so that we are continually reminded of her each and every day.  They have her hands, her smile, her cheeks, her laugh and we can see her in them.

I am thankful to learn that I am stronger than I thought I could ever be.  That I am more compassionate, more attuned to others in sorrow and pain.  I am thankful that God had placed us in such a loving church and church family, so that when tragedy struck, they took us right in and loved on us and prayed over us and still continue to do so today.

I am thankful for the all wonderful people that I have met on Instagram.  Lifelong friends, whom I love and cherish, even though we have never met and probably never will.  But they have made an impact on my life and I hope I have done the same for them. 

I am most thankful that when Kendra died, she was a child of God.  That I know without a doubt, when she took her last earthly breath, she went without fear right into her loving Saviors arms and to her heavenly home.  I am beyond thankful that this is not goodbye, that I will get to see her and hold her and kiss her and have her again forever and ever.  I am thankful that God sacrificed his son so that we might have everlasting life.  Isn't that something that each and every one us should be thankful for in this upcoming holiday of Thanksgiving?   My heart misses you more than words can convey, my K girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment