Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Halloween Treat







This time last year, on Halloween, Kendra went into rehab. So all day on Halloween, she was on our minds and hearts so much.  I saw a photo of her precious daughter, Gia, all dressed up as Super Girl and I just started bawling.  Kendra should have been here, she should have been taking the kids trick or treating, she should have been picking out their costumes and snitching their candy.

That night, I went downstairs to get a bowl for my Halloween candy.  The dishes that I have are ones we used for Stephani's Halloween themed bridal shower last September and have not been touched since putting them away on the shelf in my basement. I pulled the spider web looking bowl down and I saw that it had something in it, looked like maybe a Christmas name tag.  Upon further inspection, it was a card from a florist and it was addressed to Kendra Lind, Camdenton High School!!  First of all, Kendra graduated high school in 2006 and she has never even lived in the house we are in now. I was stunned and had to look several times to confirm that what I was looking at was real. I showed it to her dad and sent a picture immediately to her sisters.

It had been an emotional day all day and this was like a sign from her, saying I know you are thinking of me and missing me, but you know I am ok, you know where I am. I can not explain and you know what, I don't want an explanation.  I like to think her spirit is still here, that she wants us to be ok too.

And we do know where she is, not a shadow of doubt, but boy do I miss her, some days are worse than others.  Some days I just can't even quit thinking about her and its all I can do to keep on going with my day and smiling and pretending I am fine. Some days I just want nothing more than to sit by myself and cry, and I do sometimes, but that is not very productive and it does not bring her back. I just wish she was still here, but I know that she is experiencing the greatest joy and happiness that we can not even imagine.  So thank you sweet girl for the precious reminder that love crosses all boundaries and is truly endless. 
Kendra and Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment