Thursday, August 11, 2016

Her Heart was spoken for





We used the song "Spoken For" by Mercy Me for the video we put together for Kendra's service.  I just went back and read all the words to the song and it was so appropriate and so Kendra.  Here are just a couple of verses that touched my heart...............

Take this world from me
I don't need it anymore
I am finally free
My heart is spoken for

By the power of the cross
You have taken what was lost
And made it fully yours
And I have been redeemed
By you that spoke to me.

Kendra's heart was spoken for, that is such a huge comfort to us.  When she departed this life, she did not need this world anymore and I praise God, she was finally free.  Kendra did lose her way for awhile, but by the power of the cross, she was made fully his and was redeemed. On days that are so hard to get through, I think about this and I am so grateful God brought her back to him and she died fully acknowledging that she was a child of his.

There is another line that's "To hear you say, This one's mine".  What a jaw dropping, awesome moment when you come face to face with our Savior and he tells us, you are mine.  On days when I am missing her so badly, I think of these lines.  I imagine her going to her heavenly home and being welcomed by Jesus and choirs of angels and our family that has gone before us.  What a happy day for her, what a celebration that had to be.  So while we are sad, mourning and missing her, she's in the most awesome of places, just waiting for all of us to join her someday.

This is why it is so important to have our lives right with God, so that whenever our earthly lives are over, we can be united with him. I do thank God every day that when Kendra left us, her heart was spoken for.  I only have one question.  Is your heart spoken for?

No comments:

Post a Comment