Thursday, July 7, 2016

Bucket List # 69 Go to Disney World!!!!!

Danielle, Kendra and Stephani

Breakfast with Minnie Mouse
This was one of our favorite family vacations!  Who doesn't love Micky Mouse and friends? We stayed on property for a week right next to Epcot and had a blast. We went to all the parks and watched the fireworks every night.

Stephani was especially excited and wanted to collect all the characters autographs and get pictures with all of them.  Danielle and Kendra were always on the look out for her and they would all run up to the characters to help her get her autographs. I think she got them all before we left.

I am pretty sure that Kendra forgot all about her list of 100 things that she wrote at the age of 12 by this time  Or she never told us that this was one of her wishes.  I am glad she got to do quite a few of the things on her list in her short 28 years.  Some of them I am pretty sure she knew she would never get to do, but I love that she wrote them down anyway.

We had so much fun with the girls on this vacation.  We would swim every day and get ice cream every night.  We were right next to Epcot and they loved going over there every day.  I think we ate in Italy every night.  Then we would walk through all the different countries.  They were very excited to find the movie Totoro in either China or Japan.  That was one of their favorite movies and they still watch it today. 

We went to Disney World just a few weeks ago with Ethan, Kendra's son and I was reminded over and over of our trip with the girls.  She should have been the one to see the excitement on her son's face and enjoy watching him have the time of his life.  I really missed here while we there and so wished she was with us.  It makes me so sad to realize that there will be no more trips anywhere, anytime with Kendra again. I wish she was the one trying to fulfill her bucket list and not us because she no longer can.   I imagine Heaven is like Disney World, full of wonder and magic. My life is a little less brighter and some of the magic is gone forever since she left us.

Swimming at our hotel in Disney World

No comments:

Post a Comment