Friday, March 25, 2016

You are home πŸ‘ΌπŸ»

It's so hard to believe that you have been gone for over three months now. I still expect to see your name pop up on my phone when it rings or a text comes through.  I want to talk to you about books coming out by our favorite authors and what movies to watch.  When your kids do funny things I want to call you and tell you about them.  I want to hear your laughter after telling one of your stories.  I scroll through your Instagram and Pinterest, only to be disappointed because nothing new has been added, nor will there ever be again.  We have pictures and memories,  but we can never take anymore or make anymore with you again.

On this Good Friday I am reminded that God sent his son to die on the cross for us.  Knowing the pain of losing you, I don't think I could do that, but I'm so grateful that God did.  I picture you up there talking Gods ear off asking your million questions: about black holes, the Bermuda Triangle, about why there is poverty and suffering and hunger, etc.  I know you are telling jokes and laughing your big laugh and making everyone smile.


Were you perfect? No, but none of us are, only saved by Gods grace.  All of your questions are answered now and all the mysteries solved.  You are home.

1 comment: