Saturday, March 23, 2019

Speak her name!


If you have lost a loved one, you know the looks that you can get sometimes when you talk about them or bring them up in a conversation.  Sometimes, it will just be uncomfortable looks or awkward silences. Or, even worse, advice on how to move one, how much better off they are, time heals all wounds, blah, blah, blah. I get it, people do not know what to say, or think they will only bring up hurt or pain if they talk about your deceased loved one.  Or that maybe, you do not want to be reminded of your missing child, spouse, etc., as if we ever could forget!!

This is not just me, as I follow many people on social media that have lost family and they all want to talk about them.  They want to remember their special days, their accomplishments while they were here with us.  They want to laugh about their funny quirks or their personalities, reminisce about family holidays and birthdays.  They want to speak their names.


When I talk about Kendra, it brings my heart joy, it brings about healing, it brings me comfort.  When I talk about her, I am saying she was here, she was important, her life mattered, she is still so loved and missed.  I never want to forget anything about her, I always want to hear her laugh in my mind, her voice as she was telling a joke and her hugs and smells.  By speaking of her, I am reminded of what she meant to me, to our family and no matter how many days, months or years pass, my love and longing for her will never fade away. I will never stop wanting to see her again and hold her in my arms.


So, when we are talking about our loved ones that have passed on, we are not wanting to make anyone uncomfortable, we just want to remember them.  We just want to say their names and talk about them, because it is through us that they still live one.

                                                               MISS YOU K GIRL!!


No comments:

Post a Comment