Sunday, April 17, 2016

If I could have one more day!






If I could have just one more day with you, what would I do? You were so excited to tell us all your stories about your rehab stay and all the friends you made there.  But if I could only have one day, I would just want us all together.  I would want you and your sisters joking and laughing recalling all of your favorite childhood moments.  I would want all of us laughing so loud that poor dad has to turn the volume up on the TV. Which was always a big clue we were being too boisterous!!!

I would take your kids to the park where we could enjoy just playing and being together.  We wouldn't have to go anywhere or do anything special, just be us.  Our favorite memories are of all us just having fun.  We would want you to do your Britney Spears imitation complete with the dance moves.  A few more karaoke songs blasting through the house.  I would want to hear all your favorite things, songs, movies, books, favorite childhood memories and funniest moments in your life with us and with your kids.  Then I could hold all of these things in my heart to pull out on the days when the sadness of missing you so much is overwhelming and I'm comforted again for a little while.

I would want to recall all of our favorite vacation memories,  you wearing Danielle's pants around a campfire and a marshmallow on fire burning a hole in them.  Danielle was not amused at the time! You buying that book about hauntings and folklore at Yellowstone and reading to us every night at different campsites. One of our very favorite places to go was Monterey, CA.  We would fly kites, play on the beach and eat clam chowder in the bread bowls.  Or recall our motor home trip and you watched Bring it On over and over and over!!!!

We almost lost you the night of Stephani's wedding and we were all so relieved you made it and we took full advantage of our 2nd chance with you.  We made up for the time we lost with each other over the past year, we loved, we laughed and we forgave.

I would give anything and everything to have just one more day with you.  For the rest of my life left here on earth I will mourn you not being here, I will pull out my pictures and memories of you everyday and I will always have an ache in my heart that will never go away.  For every day that I live I will always long for and look forward to seeing you again.  Until that day comes, I will continue to wish for just one more day!

Vacation in Wyoming

4 comments:

  1. Hi Momma heart. I just lost my son age 39 two months ago. I found your post on Pinterest. Thank you for sharing. I am sorry for your broken heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your lose, I just lose my 24year ill to a monster on 3|10|2023 I miss him so much my ❤️ is so broken

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what u are going through,, I lost my 24-year-old son to a monster,, he was murdered on March 10, 2023 I miss him so much I cry every day an night I just want him back

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ihad put down my dog
    He was old i miss him
    He had good life.
    Cant stop crying 😢

    ReplyDelete