Monday, April 18, 2016

I can only imagine...........

Nana and Kendra
I love that song "I Can Only Imagine" sung by Mercy Me. The words are beautifully written and they have always caused me to tear up. I can't listen to it yet, but I think about the words a lot.   I have wondered about heaven a lot over the past years but since Kendra died I find myself thinking about it a lot more.

What goes on in Heaven?  Are families together again? I have imagined a joyous reunion between Kendra and my mom, her Nana and Dan's dad, her Papa.  But what do they do? Do they get to spend time with God? Do they get to ask him questions? Kendra had so many questions and I like to think she getting them all answered.  Are there heavenly choirs where she's singing her heart out? Are there feasts and lots of talking and hanging out together? Do they know how much their loved ones miss them and yearn to see them and hold them again? And laughing, I imagine lots of laughing, that's my favorite way to picture Kendra!!!

As much as I try to picture heaven, I'm sure I'm not even close to the beauty and awesomeness of it.  Or how incredible to be with our Heavenly Father for all eternity must be.  I mostly try to imagine what Kendra is doing, now that she is no longer part of our earthly family.  If she realizes what she meant to us and how much we love and miss her.

I do picture her beautiful smiling face with no more cares or worries brightening heaven. It's just a little darker here, a little less funny, a little less joy without her here.  I can only imagine the joy when  we get to see her again!                                                                                                            

Missing you so much today angel!


Kendra and Papa

No comments:

Post a Comment