Wednesday, March 22, 2017

You would (should) be turning 30 in May


Birthday trip to Sephora
 Dad and I ran into one of your friends the other day and it also happened to be her birthday. She was turning 30.  It literally took my breath away because you would be turning 30 on your next birthday, May 14th.  You should be turning 30, not forever be 28.

I really hate that the only photos I have now are from you in the past.  You will never have a newer photo, you will never be in any photos with us and we will never have photos as you grow older.  I do try and imagine what you would look like as an older woman, but I can't.


I'm sure we would have had a party to celebrate you turning 30 and I know we would have had our annual birthday shopping day.  Going to your favorite stores, getting a makeover at Sephora and eating sushi at one of our favorite places.  I really loved our birthday trips, we got to spend the whole day together, talking and laughing.  I can hardly stand to think that we will not have anymore of those days.  We are having your bucket list fun run the week following your birthday, so we will celebrate you even though you won't physically be here.

I have complete faith in God and trust that you are in his loving hands, but I will never understand why you had to leave so early.  You had so much ambition and you so wanted to prove that you had changed and you wanted to help others.  You probably would have made a big fuss about turning 30 and made it into something funny.

So as we approach your birthday month and all of your friends are 30 or turning 30, it breaks my heart a little each time.  You should be here, you should be getting older, you should be turning 30.  Miss you more and more each day K Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment