Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Bucket List #28 Go Hunting with Dad



     
I look at this one and laugh.  She did go hunting with Dad, several times.  He took all the girls when they were the ages of 12 and 13 on a youth hunt, it was duck hunting. He always said he didn't care that he did not have sons because he was going to still do things with them the same as he would if they were boys.  They actually loved the youth hunt weekends. They got to spend the weekend with Dad in the hunting lodge that we owned with several other people. It was a big time, lots of food, fires and sitting around telling stories.

We do not have any pictures from these hunts because the camera Dan always used was dropped into the water the last hunt he went on with Stephani.  So I will have to use some other pictures from fishing with dad.  But the last weekend Kendra went with her dad, she had a blast. She loved shooting at the birds, she did not actually shoot a bird though. But she really enjoyed spending one on one time with her dad. I love that she had put it on her bucket list and so did her dad.

Kendra was such a studious girl growing up. She loved to just stay home and read, write her books and watch TV.  She was a real TV buff.  I still laugh when I think of all the silly shows she loved to watch.  So for her to want to get out of the house and go hunting was not something I would have thought she would really want to do.  I think she wanted to do it more so she could spend time with Dad.

Oh, how I miss my 12 year old Kendra with her sense of humor, her sharp wit and the ability to always make us laugh.  Oh, how I miss my grown up daughter who was just finding herself again. I just have to trust God that her going home to be with him was best.  I spend a lot of time trying to imagine what she is doing and how happy and trouble free her life is now. I do like to picture her up there singing in the celestial choir and I like to think that her voice can still be heard above all the other voices. Sing a song of joy for me, my K girl because sometimes my heart is still so heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment