Tuesday, December 22, 2020

5 years.........

 

 My mind knows that it has been 5 years since we last saw you, but my heart still does not believe it. 5 years ago on that Saturday morning, you had shared a page with me from Jesus Calling and the last line, Accept the value of problems in this life and consider them pure joy. Remember that you have an eternity of trouble free living awaiting you in Heaven.  Now when I look back at that, it was a meaningful message from God, as that reading always brings me so much comfort and puts joy in my heart.

5 years ago on December 12th, we received a phone call that is every parent's worst nightmare; Kendra had been critically injured in a car accident and they were going to life flight her to Kansas City.  As we waited, crying and praying and calling on our Pastor, family and friends to pray also, I had a calm in my heart telling me that she would be OK, that God would give us the miracle that we were praying for. And He did, but it was not our miracle, it was to be Kendra's miracle.  She was life flighted to Heaven and when she opened her eyes, she saw Jesus. 

Grief is a funny thing, it can cause time to pass quickly and to stand still at the same time.  It can sneak up on you at the most unexpected times and bring you instantly to tears.  It causes the memories to flood your mind with both happy and sad times.  And the week of the Heaven date, I find myself reliving the whole week, from the phone call to the service one week later.  I relive each day and even though it still seems like a blur, each moment is forever seared into my brain as I recall that entire week. I used to think that by the 5 year mark, it might feel different, that I might not miss her so desperately, but that is simply not true.  I miss her with every fiber of my being, not a day goes by that I don't think of her in some way and I now know that I will feel this way until I join her in Heaven.  


 5 years in Heaven and we still miss and love you K Girl!  Until we see you again, you are always in our hearts and on our minds. 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment