Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Forever 28



Today, you should be turning 32. Today, you should be celebrating, going out to dinner and opening gifts.  Today, you and I should have went on a birthday shopping spree and hit up all your favorite stores. Today, we should have went out to lunch and had sushi and lots of laughs.  Today, I am missing you and wishing you were still here.  I wish I could see you calling or texting my phone.  I wish I was meeting you at the mall.  I wish, I wish, I wish.  But you are now and forever, 28.

This is such a hard time of year now, going through Mother's Day and thinking of you all day and then just a couple days later, your birthday, or sometimes your birthday lands on Mother's Day. Even after three and a half years, I still ache for you, tears still come easily when I think of you and my heart still hurts like you just left. 


I go through photo albums and look back on the time when you were here, when you were with us.  We have so many memories of you and I love reminiscing about all of them.  Your sisters and I laugh at all the funny times we had with you and the funny things you did and said.  You always spoke your mind and you didn't care if you were inappropriate at times!  But you loved to laugh and you loved to make others laugh.  I miss that the very most.  Some color left our world the day you went to Heaven.

If birthday wishes could come true, I would wish to spend today with you.  I am so glad we had that tradition and I so wish I could just give you a hug, just to see you for a moment.  But I know that you are having the biggest celebration in Heaven, singing with the angels, eating cake (no worries about calories or carbs) and hanging out with Nana, Papa and new brothers and sisters in Christ.  So Happy Birthday in Heaven our K Girl and we will all be celebrating again some sweet day!!  Today, you should be turning 32, but you are now forever young for all eternity.  Love you Kendra.


No comments:

Post a Comment